The City of Argo is currently taking applications for a Part-Time City Clerk position. All applications can be turned in to City Hall, Monday – Friday from 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume.
Part-Time City Clerk
Job Description -Assist City Clerk with the following:
- Municipal government experience (preferred).Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Responsible for payroll, 1099s, tax related forms, Retirement System updates and reports.
- Maintain all municipal bank accounts, general ledger, and financial reports.
- Perform budgeting duties, including assisting in budget preparation, and expenditure/revenue review.
- Record, edit, and maintain minutes for all meetings, and attend meetings as needed.
- Prepare and maintain municipal ordinances and resolutions.
- Filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, and city officials.
- Perform general office duties such as taking dictation, typing, proofreading correspondence, and scheduling appointments.
- Participate in the administration of all municipal elections.
- Assist the Municipal Court Clerk in Municipal Court.
- Must be at least 18 years or older
Programs: Local Government (Zortec and Delta), Municipal Court Software, Microsoft Office
Tiffany Westbrook, City Clerk
City of Argo
100 Blackjack Road
Trussville, AL 35173