City of Argo
MUNICIPAL CANDIDACY INFORMATION
- The Municipal Election for Mayor and five City Council Members will be held Tuesday, August 25, 2020. If necessary, a Run-Off Election will be held Tuesday, October 6, 2020.
- The qualification period for candidates will begin on
Tuesday, July 7, 2020 at 7:30am and end on Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 5:00pm.
– Candidates qualify through the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall.100 Blackjack RD. Trussville, Al.
– The qualification fee for candidates seeking election is $50.00.
– During the qualification period, candidates pay their qualification fee and file their Statement of Candidacy form with the City Clerk.
– Candidates must also file a Statement of Economic Interests form with the Alabama Ethics Commission (AEC) within five (5) days of the date the candidate files his or her Statement of Candidacy with the City Clerk. For more information on the Statement of Economic Interests form or to complete it online go to https://ethics-form.alabama.gov/ or contact the AEC at 334.242.2997. Candidates who already have a current Statement of Economics Interests form on file with the Ethics Commission do not have to file a duplicate statement at qualification. If online access is not available, paper forms will be available at the City Clerk’s Office during the qualification period.
– All candidates must be a registered voter of the municipality at the time of qualification and must have been a resident of the City of Argo for at least 90 days prior to the election.
– The Fair Campaign Practices Act (FCPA) sets out rules for how and when candidates can raise and spend money. The law also specifies how campaign finance activities are reported. It is the candidate’s responsibility to comply with the FCPA.
- The newly elected administration will take office on Monday, November 2, 2020.
- For additional information:
Alabama Ethics Commission- 334-242-2997 – www.ethics.alabama.gov
Secretary of State’s Office/Election Division – 334-242-7210 or 1-800-274-8683 – www.sos.alabama.gov
Argo City Clerk’s Office at 205-352-2120 or email@example.com
City of Argo, Alabama | 100 Blackjack RD., Trussville, AL 35173 | Phone: (205) 352-2120