The City of Argo is currently taking applications for a Part-Time City Maintenance position. The job description and employment application can be found on our website at cityofargo.org. All applications can be turned in to City Hall, Monday - Friday from 8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume
Job Description for City of Argo Maintenance Position
Responsible for the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment to mitigate risk.
- Maintains all tools, equipment, and replacement parts in working condition.
- Sweep, clean and maintain all common areas of the community (i.e. pavilion, park, city hall, etc.)
- Maintain landscaping, bushes, trees, and lawn.
- Perform an inspection of community grounds each morning.
- Assist with Community Service workers
- Assists City Clerk with disbursing agendas for Council Meetings.
- Responsible for handling complaints (i.e. road issues, limbs overgrown, etc.)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to type and make repairs; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to operate heavy machinery/equipment.
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
The City of Argo is currently taking applications for a Part-Time City Clerk position. All applications can be turned in to City Hall, Monday - Friday from 8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. or emailed to email@example.com. Please include a resume.
Part-Time City Clerk
Job Description -Assist City Clerk with the following:
Municipal government experience (preferred).
Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Responsible for payroll, 1099s, tax related forms, Retirement System updates and reports.
Maintain all municipal bank accounts, general ledger, and financial reports.
Perform budgeting duties, including assisting in budget preparation, and expenditure/revenue review.
Record, edit, and maintain minutes for all meetings.
Prepare and maintain municipal ordinances and resolutions.
Filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, and city officials.
Perform general office duties such as taking dictation, typing, proofreading correspondence, and scheduling appointments.
Participate in the administration of all municipal elections.
Assist the Municipal Court Clerk in Municipal Court.
Must be at least 18 years or older
Programs: Local Government (Zortec and Delta), Municipal Court Software, Microsoft Office