Job Opening for City Maintenance - The City of Argo is currently accepting applications for a City Maintenance position. Please fill out a city job application and attach a resume.
All applications and resumes can be turned in to City Hall, Monday - Friday from 8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description for City of Argo Maintenance Position
• Responsible for the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment to mitigate risk.
• Maintains all tools, equipment, and replacement parts in working condition.
• Sweep, clean and maintain all common areas of the community (i.e., pavilion, park, city hall, public bathrooms, etc.)
• Maintain landscaping, bushes, trees, and lawn.
• Perform an inspection of community grounds each morning.
• Assist City Clerk with dispersing agendas for Council Meetings and other public notices.
• Responsible for handling complaints (i.e., road issues, limbs overgrown, etc.) to include but not be limited to, patching roads, cutting brush, picking up trash, etc.
• Responsible for side-of-the-road upkeep (grass cutting, etc.)
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to make repairs; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• Must be able to operate heavy machinery/equipment.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Experience is preferred, but not required.
• Employer Paid Individual Health Insurance.
• 11 Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation after 1 year employment.
• RSA Tier I Retirement