The City of Argo is currently taking applications for the City Clerk position.
City Clerk Position
- Municipal government experience (preferred).
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Responsible for payroll, 1099s, tax related forms, Retirement System updates and reports.
- Serve as the Human Resources / Benefits Coordinator.
- Maintain all municipal bank accounts, general ledger, and financial reports.
- Perform budgeting duties, including assisting in budget preparation, and expenditure/revenue review.
- Record, edit, and maintain minutes for all meetings.
- Prepare and maintain municipal ordinances and resolutions.
- Filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, and city officials.
- Perform general office duties such as taking dictation, typing, proofreading correspondence, and scheduling appointments.
- Participate in the administration of all municipal elections.
- Serve as Magistrate and assist the Municipal Court Clerk in Municipal Court.
- Programs: Local Government (Zortec and Delta), Municipal Court Software, Microsoft Office